Friday, January 30, 2009

Another Rollar Coaster Ride

Well, we thought that our Cancer Rollar Coaster Ride was basically over. Turns out we rode a mini-coaster today. Many of you know that we were scheduled to return to Houston this coming Sunday thru Wednesday for my tests, CT scans and Dr. appointment. It's been about 9 months since my last test and we were preparing to go. Already have the flights, the hotel etc.
Thursday afternoon, we get a call saying that our Insurance Coverage has been denied. Huh?? After many calls and waiting "on hold" for quite a while, we found out that the Insurance has a big brother, a 3rd party, that makes these big decisions as to how many tests patients are allowed to have. My limit has run out. According to the Oncology Guidelines of this 3rd Party, I'm to be tested yearly after my 3 year remission. So, I can't be tested again until July, 2009.
What a rollarcoaster!!!
I'm already stressed as we prepared to go
Stress increases as the date to depart loooms
NOW....
Stress is released knowing that I don't have to go get poked and prodded
Stress returns wondering if anything is going wrong inside this crazy body of mine

The next challenge is to just relax and not dwell on the what ifs. Faith will replace fear. They cannot exist together. Someone very smart told me that! Besides, maybe by July, I'll have lost 10 pounds! Then I won't be so scared to step on that darn scale!!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

What a roller coaster! Glad it's been 3 years, and wonderful to read of your faith. Infact it's fun to catch up on your family! If anything is going on in that crazy body you know hundreds will be praying again for you!
I'm amazed you got all those goals done so fast!

Nicole said...

Your strength inspires me. You are amazing!

Nicole said...

Your strength inspires me.