Friday, January 2, 2009

Nativities.....

OK...this is one of those things I am posting randomly about. Taking down all of the Christmas nativities is one of the hardest things I do each Christmas. I absolutely love, LOVE all the nativities I have collected thru-out the years. There is a story for each set...a certain year, a certain time in our lives, and for some...certain countries. I have one from China, one from Africa and hopefully, one coming from Italy. I have some that are as old as my boys, some that are for playing with and some that are for looking. But, of course, they all have the same meaning and each of them holds a place in my heart. For a month, our front room is a constant reminder of WHY we celebrate this season and where our hearts are.
But, there is one set that I have actually "coveted" for about 3 years. I found it in a store, looked at the price and would put it off until "next" year. I should have just bought each piece and could have easily rationalized the purchase. I always tell the girls about it and "someday" I'll add that to my collection.

THIS YEAR......

I opened one of the best presents EVER!!! Yep, you guessed! My family surprised me with the complete set to this nativity!! Then I asked our resident pro to take some pictures. I can't wait to add this next year. It doesn't even go in the attic. It has a special place in my closet!!



4 comments:

Mom Roberts said...

Ahhh..so cute..I love their expressions!

Lovely Lady said...

What a sweet present! I have also coveted the Precious Moments set.

We got the Little People nativity last year. It is not only cute, but entertained Little Man and saved my other nativity sets from being manipulated by little fingers.

Jacque said...

what weirdo does a photo shoot of a nativity scene?

Dena said...

An obedient one! She's awesome!!