Friday, January 2, 2009

My Christmas

"So, what did you do for Christmas?" seems to be the common questions amongst friends these days. We spent Christmas as a family. It couldn't have been better....well, if Aaron and Savannah had been here, THAT would have been perfect, but alas the darn economy nixed that!
But, being the computer geeks...I mean geniuses that we are...we had a skyped Christmas with Aaron and Savannah. It was a lot of fun to watch them open their presents...even tho we weren't there in person. We missed them a whole lot!!

But watching the faces of our family was absolutely priceless. I wish I had all the pictures to tell my story, but these will have to do:

Christmas Eve we celebrate the birth of our Savior with a Nativity made up of all the grandkids (who are not married!) This year, the Weech's present to Grammy and Grampy was new "costumes" for this nativity. Yes, I actually sewed them all! Watching Grammy and Grampy open this was wonderful and the kids were all excited to wear them.

Later that night, when all were asleep, is another favorite time of mine. Everything is in place, all the surprises are ready and the house is quiet. I took a picture of our tree right before I went to sleep. Look at the reflection of our windows!! Beautiful!!!

Surprises....I think these are the best. Not that I am very good at keeping a surprise a secret, but this year I amazed myself. (remember, I pulled off the 50th birthday surprise!). Pictures are worth a thousand words...so enjoy some of my favorite "wordless" memories!!




And then, to end this wonderful day....or just this fabulous memory....here are some more "faces" that made our Christmas just about perfect!





3 comments:

The Mrs. said...

Oh, that picture of Tyler and Lizzy is sooo sweet!

Anonymous said...

Who does Lizzy belong to? Steph? If so, tell her congrats! Didn't know she had the baby yet! :) Is Lizzy short for Elizabeth?

Great Christmas post!!! Glad you got your nativity set!!! :)

Dena said...

Stephanie had her 5th the first week in December. She is adored by all. Her name is Elizabeth Sherrie, but the kids call her Lizzie. She is #20 for my parents.