Sunday, February 1, 2009

January Goals....Accomplished!

Remember the post about January Goals?
http://denasday2day.blogspot.com/2009/01/new-year-new-thoughts-new-goals.html for reference

I broke down my goals into 2 spiritual goals, 1 physical, 2 family/scrap goals. My retrospection of these goals and looking at them DAILY helped me when I would lose my focus. My spiritual goals are ongoing....meaning....I still need to work on them until they become a daily part of my life. I'm not quite there yet, but a more detailed look at these goals helps me to realize that these are the most important, yet sometimes, the last to accomplish. Hopefully, this coming month I will be more on track. I guess my physical goal is also ongoing. I DID accomplish this goal, but again, need to keep on track, make a few tweaks and be positive.

My Family goals I can share in detail. One was to get my journal updated from all my notes and blog entrys from 2006 to the present.....done! The other was to complete a scrapbook of our wonderful trip to Florida this past summer. At 11:58 p.m. on Jan. 31st, I accomplished this goal. WHEW!!




In one of my college classes we are re-assessing how we learn, how we respond and how we sabatoge ourselves and the success we dream about. I thought I would share the following:
"You always have to focus in life on what you want to achieve"......Michael Jordan
"You've got to put down on paper the ten things you absolutely have to do. That's what you concentrate on. Everything else - forget it"....Lee Iacocca
"It is not enough to be busy...the question is: what are we busy about?"....Henry David Thoreau
On to February!!

3 comments:

Candice said...

I've been catching up on your posts. Congratulations on meeting goals. I also think its wonderful that you're going back to school. I really hope you enjoy it!

Mom Roberts said...

Oh my goodness...not like you have nothing to do with your life right now...how about scraping a missionary book...haha!

Yvette said...

Good for you! Your an inspirations to me to write down my goals and accomplish them. I just keep them in my head. That means they're only a wish. Right