Thursday, January 22, 2009

Soccer Continues

We are in the last weeks of Highland's Soccer season. I wish you could see me do the happy dance. It's been a hard season, with a coach who hasn't made any "brownie Points" with the team OR the parents. We were given an opportunity to "evaluate" her performance. I sure hope she has a good self-image. As I talked to many parents, we all have the same concerns, opinions.....they are not very positive.
Anyways...

For the first part of the season, the coach had Aly playing offense, forward, etc. WHAT?? She really struggled, I don't know...maybe because that is NOT what she is used to, can't read her teammates and was totally out of her comfort zone. Then, the light bulb went on inside the coach's head, she asked if Aly would "mind" playing defense and the rest is history. Aly has the best side throw-in ever. Almost always, it is right down the line, and if played right, the opposite team goes for the jump and hits it out of bounds again, allowing Aly to push the ball down the sideline. It's beautiful. Here it is in slo-motion.





Beautiful, huh?
Her big game is against Gilbert this Friday at 4:00 at Gilbert. Again, Highland's team is the very large underdog, but it should be a great game. Remember, that her best friend, Dani, is the goalie for Gilbert. We have got to figure out a way to bribe that girl and distract her from all her great goal blocking! (hahahaha)
Aly is ready for a break. We are not doing spring soccer. A first in...oh..about 6 years. Don't worry about us....I'm sure we will find something to do with all that SPARE time :)

No comments: