...after all.....it is my blog, so bragging is an indulgence I choose.....

Aly made the JV Highland Soccer team!!! This is no small accomplishment considering how many try out, how many are on club teams and how time consuming the commitment is to such a team. But, with all the determination that we all know that Aly has, she made the team and is very happy about it. So now, along with getting up for school at 5:15 a.m. and going to school for 7 1/2 hours without a lunch-break, she now practices after school for 2 hours. When does she eat? I don't know. But with 2-3 hours of homework and studying each night, her sleep hours just became a precious commodity.
In our family....soccer never ends, it doesn't sleep....it just keeps going and going and going! Good thing it has become my favorite sport to watch....that is when my kids are playing!!! We have been going to soccer games since Aaron was 4. We haven't missed a season. So, for 21 years, we have been soccer fans. I think that qualifies me to be an official soccer mom! I better get my soccer ear-rings out.
Go HIGHLAND!!!!!!!!!!
4 comments:
CONGRATS Aly!!!!!!! You will do GREAT!
Dena--you better hope she plays in college or something. What are you gonna do when she graduates? No more soccer! Wow, 21 years....
Good for Aly!! We are just starting on our soccer journey...who knows how long it will last!!
Congratulations Aly! We want to come to one of your games one of these days
Oh yes, I would definitely consider you a 'soccer-mom'! It's great that your family has all shared that common interest. hmmm...I wonder what ours will be. YEAH ALY!! What an accomplishment!
Post a Comment