I sit here wondering what will happen with a newly elected president who has questionable ethics, integrity and morals. What becomes of our society? Just how bad can America get? It causes me great concern and reflection on just what is important today in my life.
For instance:
Last evening for FHE, we had our weekly "grilling". That is where I hit any grocery store and pick up whatever kind of meat is on sale. (Sadly, we have learned that Wal Mart has the worst type of meat EVER!!). We always call Jenny and Tyler to invite them and usually they are most willing to come for a steak and potato meal. Last night was beautiful. I wish we had some pictures to capture the wonderful time we had as a family. The food was good and we ate outside where the weather and bugs were most cooperative. Our family is not the normal family that sits politely and has engaging conversations. NO, we are laughing at the most silliest things, teasing each other and remembering the funniest stories ever. It was a wonderful evening!
Then, in my reading for the night, I came across this from Howard H. Hunter:
"I promise you in the name of the Lord whose servant I am that God will always protect and care for his people. We will have our difficulties the way every generation and people have had difficulties. But with the gospel of Jesus Christ, you have every hope and promise and reassurance. The Lord has power over his Saints and will always prepare places of peace, defense and safety for his people. When we have Faith in God we can hope for a better world - for us personally, and for all mankind."
So, in my mind, our families are going to be our refuge, our defense against the decay of society. I'm still hopeful that the Propositions will pass. I think I will be more disappointed in those failures than I am with our new president. I still believe that this is a choice land, but I also know that we must keep our families close and relationships even closer if we are to weather the storms ahead.
How I love, LOVE my family!!
PS: We sure miss Aaron and Savannah :)
5 comments:
What a day for our country. With the last days ahead anything is possible.
How grateful I am to be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. My faith and hope in my Savior is what keeps me going in the face of trials.
Thank you for sharing your thoughts on your wonderful family (miss you guys!!!). I agree - our homes need to be our safe haven. Our children will have no where else to go for safety as we go into this dark world.
As for Obama...let's hope for the best. All we can do. Let us remember the promise given in D&C 82:10 - thru our faithfulness to the gospel, we will be protected.
HERE HERE Dena! I actually feel more at peace than I thought I would. Faith can help in a lot of situations
AMEN!
You do have a special family! I love them too! I'm glad to have married into Mark's family and know you! I'm very thankful to be part of such a strong extended family that love Heavenly Father and his son. Thanks for your thoughts!
You are quite a preacher. Better be careful, you'll be asked to speak in church!!! At least I stayed awake to read your thoughts and I totally agree. We have some serious considerations coming our way. Following the Prophet is not a hard thing to do - because it is really following Jesus the Christ and our Heavenly Father. I know that. We stumble sometimes and cough and sputter and some will be hit pretty hard as to the trial of their faith. But getting up one more time than falling down is success. Thanks Dena. Love ya - Dad
Post a Comment