Tuesday, November 11, 2008

It was a VERY GOOD Day...

Today is Tuesday. One, that means it's my temple day. That is a very good day. The cutest thing happened. I was standing in line...(yes, even at 11:30, on a holiday....there are lines!!)...in back of the cutest old"er" lady. A friend came up to her and said..."You look so good today!" She giggled and said: "Well thank you! Today is my birthday and I am 80 years old."

"Oh...and you are spending it at the temple!"

"Yes, I'm cramming for my finals!!"

I just had to crack up a little. She turned to me and said: "You know, I'm not getting any younger and I know the "finals" will be a doozy!"

I laughed about that the rest of the day.


Today is a holiday. No school!! Aly asked if she could have a "few" friends over for a brunch. "Sure". And then they started coming.....and coming....and coming!! I would hear some on their cell phones saying: "Come over to Aly's!! We're having the greatest breakfast!! I had to smile. I did wonder how my very clean kitchen would look after this "brunch". All in all, there were about 22 starving teenagers!! So....

After 2 packages of sausage and 3 of bacon,
1 1/2 boxes of Bisquick
who knows how many cups of chocolate chips!
2 bottles of syrup
3 large packages of hash-browns
Most of the grapes
ALL the eggs (which was about 36)
ALL the pineapple (which was hidden!!)
ALL the strawberry topping
milk, OJ - 3 gallons, Cran-apple, cran-raspberry juice....
I guess they finally filled up.

Funny thing is, I left in the middle of their brunch (while they were cooking) for the temple. The rule is that you can have friends over, just clean up. I came home from the temple and I was amazed at the cleanliness of my kitchen. Every dish was done, floors were swept, counters sparkled.

I called Brad to let him know that his hard work at the office pays off as we are able to have Aly's and Jacque's friends over. They think our house is "cool". How cool is that?????





It was a VERY good day!!

1 comment:

Donelle said...

My ultimate dream is that our kids will think that our home is "cool" and want to be at home. Even better to have thier friends feel the same way. Good job...I know it's because you are such great parents!!