Sunday, November 2, 2008

A Teen-Age Halloween

Ah, the teen age years of Halloween. It's when, as a Mom, you wonder just what part of the personality is going to come "out". True to form, both girls picked something that FIT their personality AND their stage of life.
Aly and her friend, Brittany, were BumbleBee's. Perfect. Buzzing around, funny, quite original, and a statement. I guess you were allowed to wear a costume to Highland HS, and Aly wore hers with no problem. I took her lunch and as I waited for her to cross the street from Highland to Seminary, I watched and looked for original costumes from other girls/guys. NONE. I saw a few capes, a few t-shirts and VERY few costumes.....especially like Aly's. Then I see Aly...coming....no, skipping down the sidewalk, hugging everyone in site, laughing and being quite the social "BEE". Perfect!!! Not many would have the confidence to stand out like THAT!!



That evening, Aly, along with her good and fun friends went out for the night to a few parties..but ended back here for a good movie, claiming the last party was "lame". How I love that she and her friends feel comfortable here in our home, where they can raid the candy drawer, or the freezer for some ice cream!




As for Jacque, she went to find a costume. Done. We met at Subway, where we didn't even stop our cars because of our busy schedules. Well, HER busy schedule. We pulled up to each other, I threw the subway in her car window (it was wrapped, of course) and she threw the costume in my window, asking me to iron it out. Done.
She had one of her friends come over to finish her hair. And wa-la...she was ready. And it fits her. She is in the Young Adult - go to parties - watch out, I'm here - mode. It was a perfect fit for her also. As her Dad commented...."Yep, she's gonna turn some heads tonight!!"




2 comments:

Yvette said...

Yes the girls costumes do match their personalities! They both look really cute!

Kathryn Olsen said...

What fun costumes! I love the bumble bee buzzing around being social and Jacques is so cute! I never really liked dressing up for Halloween, but it's so much more fun with kids!!