While I am waiting for Aly to eat the wonderful, hot breakfast I make for her each school morning at the blessed hour of 6:00 a.m., I usually open my mail and have some quiet reading. I was reading an article from Meridian Magazine about the "riots" in California and the opposition to the LDS community. You can read it HERE. I was amazed. And saddened. And I came to a realization that we are living in a time where we cannot waver in our faith. It is time to get off the fence and make a stand. Am I stong enough? More importantly, are our children strong enough? Is their faith "steadfast and immoveable"?? My favorite and most touching part was the quote found in a recent article on Christian Courage , Elder Robert D. Hales of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles wrote,
“I would say that one of mortality's great tests comes when our beliefs are questioned or criticized. In such moments, we may want to respond aggressively – to put up our dukes . But these are important opportunities to step back, pray, and follow the Savior's example...we respond to our accusers as the Savior did, we not only become more Christlike, we invite others to feel His love and follow Him as well. "
My resolve is to have more courage and to have more compassion.....to be more like my Savior.
No comments:
Post a Comment