Thursday, November 13, 2008

Happy Birthday BRAD!!

WOW....the big 5-0....half a century old. I can easily remember thinking that was old not too long ago. Well, maybe it's been a few years. Now, I look at Brad and myself and I realize we are still young (at heart), still in love, and still waking up each morning ready to make the best of what we have.
How I LOVE this man! He asked me to be his eternal sweetheart and since then, has treated me with respect and love. Last night, he brought me home a dozen roses. Why? He didn't want his "birthday" to be all about him. He wanted ME to know that I was special too.
Who does wonderful things like that??

Here are my BEST reasons why I feel blessed to have Brad by my side:
1. From the very beginning, his family has been his first priority. He started with an instant family and never looked back. He is always commenting on how much faith he has in each of his children. He is proud of their work ethics and their choices. He finds great contentment in knowing they are doing what's right and helping others.

2. His favorite thing to do is "be home"...with me and the family. He constantly lets me know that talking to me at the end of the day is his favorite part of the day.

3. He has always been a man of his word. He is full of integrity and again, I will say...he is without guile. He doesn't even avoid those pesky phone solicitors. He talks to them, and then frankly lets them know he isn't the slightest bit interested.

4. I feel safe and sure of myself when I am with him. I know without a doubt that he would move heaven and earth to keep us safe, protected and free from any pain. I have seen him in action as he accomplishes this.

5. They always say: "Look how a man treats his mother, and that is a good indicator on how he will treat you." Need I say more?? He loves his mother, calls her frequently and would do anything to bring her happiness. (He loves his father too!)

6. He is always the first to say: "How can we help them?" Even as newlyweds, he first instinct was to reach out, help and put his own needs last. It is a pattern I hope we pass on to our children.

7. He loves the gospel and our Savior. He tries each day to exemplify our Savior's teachings in his life and in our lives together.

Happy Birthday!!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Brad!!!! I hope it is a GREAT one!!! :)

JennyandTyler said...

Dad looks great in that picture! Happy birthday Dad! I hope its a great one! I feel really lucky to have 2 really wonderful dads!

Yvette said...

Happy Birthday Brad! I enjoyed reading your post about him. Kind of funny and crazy but I have tears in my eyes thinking about what a good father, son, and husband he is. (crazy part is of course for my tears)

The Mrs. said...

Happy birthday Dad! I'm so glad to be part of your family!