Friday, September 14, 2007

OK...See this pressure cooker?? It's being used for the very first time. Yes, I'm ashamed that I've had such nice cookware, and not used it. Look at the can??!!?? Black beans from my year supply. Yes, it is true. I cooked black beans from year supply and used them....really. In a wonderful recipe. I am quite proud of myself and now feel I can actually use a pressure cooked without it blowing up in my face. BTW, my black-bean salsa was to die for. It is so yummy.

Here's the Recipe:

Chop in blender:

1 Bunch green onions, 4-6 cloves garlic and 1/2 C. cilantro leaves

Add:

2-15 OZ. cans fire roasted whole peeled tomatoes ( I used tomatoes with garlic and they were chopped up), 1-4 OZ Can chopped green chilies, 2-3 fresh jalapeno Peppers

Chop in blender until desired consistency.

Add:

2 C. Cooked and drained black beans

chill 2-4 hours...THIS IS YUMMY~!!!!!!!

No comments: