Today, I went to the temple. I do every Tuesday, but today I realized something. It's very easy for me to go right now. I have a promise to keep, it's close and the time I choose to go fits my schedule. At the 9:30 a.m. session, there are 2 older women who are always there. One is deaf, so we have a different type of session. She is there EVERY Tuesday. The other woman is also handicapped. I'm not sure of all her struggles, but there are many and it takes 2 workers to help her thru. This is my thought: Would I be just as willing to go each week if I had a disabliltiy or if it wasn't such a convenience for me?? Would I be willing to accept help each time I went? Would I be as consistent if my body wasn't working up to par?? I don't know these answers. I do know that these 2 women are examples to me. I want to be that dedicated when I grow up!!
Heartfelt Thanks to Dena Weech for Creating This Blog: "A woman’s moral influence is nowhere more powerfully felt or more beneficially employed than in the home." The Moral Force of Women by Elder D. Todd Christofferson, of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles, General Conference, October 5, 2013.
Tuesday, September 11, 2007
My Favorite Day!!
Today, I went to the temple. I do every Tuesday, but today I realized something. It's very easy for me to go right now. I have a promise to keep, it's close and the time I choose to go fits my schedule. At the 9:30 a.m. session, there are 2 older women who are always there. One is deaf, so we have a different type of session. She is there EVERY Tuesday. The other woman is also handicapped. I'm not sure of all her struggles, but there are many and it takes 2 workers to help her thru. This is my thought: Would I be just as willing to go each week if I had a disabliltiy or if it wasn't such a convenience for me?? Would I be willing to accept help each time I went? Would I be as consistent if my body wasn't working up to par?? I don't know these answers. I do know that these 2 women are examples to me. I want to be that dedicated when I grow up!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Now all you have to do is commit to be a worker and enjoy the temple in a different way. It is a fantastic experience - just being in the temple. Glad you were there and enjoyed your service. I am sure there was another that was pleased that you took the time to help them. Love ya - Dad
Post a Comment