In January I started back to school. I was nervous and anxious about my math classes. I realized that I needed glasses and that age does get in the way of progess. At the end of this year? I've taken all the core math classes I need and received straight "A's" for my efforts. Not bad for a beginner!
February brought another birthday to our youngest, Aly. Everything she does reminds me that she is our last and many say my favorite...but I will argue that point vehemently! Our relationship - mother/daughter - is one that I cherish. We don't always see eye-to-eye, but after all...she is a teenager!
March brought about another birthday. Need I say more? But I am always thankful for another year of being healthy. I know this is a tender mercy and I thank my Heavenly Father daily for His healing power.
April was a great month and one of my favorites. So many fun things....Prom...birthdays - we celebrated Jacque graduating from the teen's and Savannah. I am indeed blessed with daughters I love. Someone just recently laughed at the way Jacque and I disagree. It's not much of a fight. Better..... I find myself enjoying every moment with this beautiful daughter. Savannah? She is extra special to keep Aaron so happy and content. Their life over on the East coast is so exciting...I love their updates!! But my favorite? This post and the news that Jacque had been accepted into the ASU's nursing program! Another blessing!!
We also had fun up in Utah, where Jacque and Aly spent a few days with Aaron, I spent a few days with Pam and we enjoyed the 24th of July Parade, and our family joined up back together to go thru the Oquirrh Temple Open House. It was beautiful!
In August, we all started back to school. Really....Aly, Jacque, myself, Tyler, and Aaron. Aly's LAST year of high school and Aaron's LAST semester of college. We also celebrated the birthday of our newest father-to-be at that point - Tyler! No matter what we are doing, Tyler can make us laugh. He always agrees to one picture that he isn't laughing or making someone else laugh.
September brought another trip to Mt. Graham, the beginning of Nursing school for Jacque and Homecoming for Aly. My favorite post is the lesson I learned about obedience. I'm so thankful for a prophet/prophets that have admonished us to keep a supply of food necessary for emergencies! The month flew by!
I think November was a prelude to how busy we were going to get to finish out the year. We celebrated Brad's birthday pretty low-key. Also, Jenny's birthday, who was getting pretty anxious to deliver her beautiful baby girl. We enjoyed a Dr. Suess shower with all our family and friends. Jade will not have to wear the same outfit for about 6 months! And of course Thanksgiving...a time to count our blessings!
December, was by far the favorite month! Aly went to Winter Formal looking like a princess. And then, we welcomed a princess into our family. Jade Weech made me a Grammy! Oh, what a wonderful blessing she is to everyone. I really enjoyed Christmas this year. In all the craziness, I was able to find peace and feel the love of my Savior in my life. We had family time, surprises, baked all sorts of goodies, shopped together, and truly enjoyed this special time of year.
(Hey....this is like a newletter/Chrismas Card!)








1 comment:
Dena! How fun to read about your year! I thought we got caught up at your door earlier this month, but now I really feel caught up! Your grandbaby is precious!It was good to see you!
Post a Comment