Sunday, November 29, 2009

Thankful for many things

Yesterday, Brad and I traveled up to Joseph City for the funeral of a dear friend who passed away after a heroic battle with breast cancer, Terrie Farnes. We held hands and cried as we realized that both Terrie and I were diagnosed the same year. I don't know why I was blessed with my health, but each day is a blessing and I am truly grateful for each and every day that I have to be with my family.

My family...they are truly my greatest treasures and blessings. I am grateful for my best friend who gives all he has for his family. Brad is my rock, my comfort and eternal companion. One of our favorite pictures of him is doing this:

Taking pictures and video of all our family gatherings and special events. He is never asked, he just does it because he knows that "someday, we are going to want to remember"!

These two people are very special to me. I am thankful for a father who is always trying to do something for his family. Thanksgiving was at our house this year. I thought it would be more "relaxing" for Grammy and Grampy and they would have less stress. WRONG!! Instead, they spent Thanksgiving morning making rolls for people in the ward. At last count, it was 34 dozen. Grampy loves to have his grandkids around him...don't let him fool you about that! He is great at expressing his love and always has a big hug for everyone.

Aly is one of my perfect daughters. No, she is NOT perfect, but she is a perfect daughter for me. I love being her mom in every way and include her in my treasured blessings. She tends to be a perfectionist, but I wouldn't trade one thing about her. She brings joy, love and laughter into my life every single day.

These two people are also considered my most treasured blessings. I have a mother who doesn't go a day without thinking about her girls and their families. If there is something that she can do to help, she is there, whether she feels good or not. She is the most loving-est person I know. She loves everyone. I want to be like her someday. My mom has taught me more about faith, love and compassion than I will ever be able to develop in my own life.

Jacque is my other perfect daughter. Again, not perfect, but for me, she is the other half of two wonderful and amazing daughters. She is always wanting to try something new (especially new recipes, which I absolutely love) and heart is full of compassion for others. Being an adult in her parents home isn't always easy, but she adjusts and loves us anyways! I enjoy our friendship as well as the relationship we have as mother and daughter. I love being her mom!!

I am also grateful for two amazing sons. Aaron and his wife Savannah, are still in Vermont waiting for their first big snow-storm and counting down the days until he graduates (which is in the single digits by now!) Tyler and Jenny (pictured above) are counting down the days until they add a sweet little girl to their family. Both of my sons are wonderful husbands and try their best to provide for their little families. I love them both and are blessed to have both of them in my life.

I am thankful for 3 wonderful sisters, whom I love and consider dear friends. They were each spending Thanksgiving with their families, so instead, I have these two women, who could easily be my sisters as well. Carolyn and I have a always considered each other sisters. I'm the sister she never had. We go our separate ways, but when we meet together for lunch, it is like we saw each other just yesterday. Carolyn is a great example of faith and perseverance. She looks for the good in every situation and is an example to me. I love this cousin of mine! She is another blessing in my life.
Cindy is an example of unconditional love. No matter what is going on in her life, she finds time and energy to share and love with those around her. I love this lady as well. Her friendship is a blessing in my life, one that I treasure.

This wonderful woman, our Grandma Weech, is also one of my treasured blessings. Actually, the whole Weech family is included! But Grandma...she is always serving someone. Her positive attitude, her determination, and her love for her family binds our family tighter. I feel so blessed to have her in my life. From the very beginning, she loved me and all I brought to the family. Her attitude of "one day at a time, one hour at a time or one minute at a time" has helped me thru some of my darkest days. I love her dearly!!

Most importantly, I am blessed with a testimony of my Savior's love for me. He is aware of my daily needs, my heartfelt desires, and blesses me in ways I cannot count. His sacrifice helped me to endure my own pains and heartaches. His love helped me to heal. Because of His gospel, my family will be with me forever. My heart is indeed full. I have many blessings.

2 comments:

Yvette said...

Thanks! I enjoyed reading this about your beautiful family and friends! You are indeed blessed!

The Mrs. said...

Aw, I love this post! I love everyone that you love too!