Thursday, December 15, 2011

Christmas Traditions still going strong

One of our favorite traditions is now well over a generation old.  My family consists of 4 girls.  My wonderful mom came up with a few traditions that as a mom, I have continued.  Make-up is a stocking stuffers that Santa's elves help with.  My mom would take all of her girls to a store and give each girl an allotted amount to spend.  We could spend that on any make-up we desired.  It could be one expensive brush to lots of cheap colors of eye-shadow (remember when blue was all the rage??)
We still do this as moms with our sweet mom.  I wish I had a picture to show how much it means to spend a few minutes together....literally, it could be a few minutes with our schedules, but my mom manages to keep that tradition alive.
I started doing this with my two girls when they were mere teenagers and wanting all the make-up that was popular.  Now, I have four beautiful daughters and we met at Ulta for a night of make-up shopping.  I had a camera, but forgot to get a group picture!  Savannah, Jenny, Jacque, and Aly had fun shopping together and deciding what to get.  I had the assignment of watching Jade.  Yes, Lilly and Jade came with us!  I thought this would be a fairly easy assignment.  Needless to say, I was laughing so hard, I forgot to keep watch over this little "angel".  Good thing Lilly is not old enough to roam the store as well! 
Grandpa getting some love before the girls leave



Jade wanted her own bag.  Then, she went to town! 
Obviously, she didn't get the memo about the dollar limit!!



Grammy telling Jade it's time to go home.  Here comes the mini-tantrum!

She KNOWS she is being a pill!  That is what was cracking me up!!

I love this tradition!!

No comments: