Sunday, August 8, 2010

Summer is Over???

Really?  Did I accomplish ANYthing??  This summer I made some goals.  I made some weekly steps.  With school starting right around the corner, I look at my lists......and realize that I DID accomplish some things...and could have accomplished more.  Isn't that always the case??  Our family has stayed busy with lots of fun activities thru-out the rest of the "summer"....or the 2 months we don't have school.

Aly went to YW's Girls' Camp as a leader this year.  It was a different experience, as some of the girls still considered her as "one of them".  I think it was a good learning experience for Aly.  She loves the girls in our ward!

Aly also was able to take a quick trip to California with a friend from our old ward, Kari Sue LeSueur.  They traveled over to Oceanside and enjoyed a few days in the sun, shopped and relaxed with new friends.

(with friend Kari Sue, Trellany, and Olivia)


Jacque also took a quick trip with her friends to Payson.  They enjoyed some wonderful weather and had fun coming home in 3rd gear....the transmission of the car went KERPLUNK!!  42 mph (this caused Jacque severe stress), hazard lights on, and 3 1/2 hours later...they were home....fun times for all!!


(with her friend, Darlene)

At the end of July, we welcomed home Elder Kade Karges, who served an honorable mission in London, England.  It was fun to share with his family this happy day!

I think one of the most important lessons I learned this summer was that my Heavenly Father is still by my side....He is still granting me tender mercies....and He is always answering our prayers.  Around the middle of July, we always head back to Houston for the good ol' check-up.....our "lease on life" at MD Anderson Cancer Clinic.  For about 3 weeks, I had been suffering from some intermittent back pain....coming and going....but causing our family some serious concern.  For 3 weeks, I prayed and pleaded with my Heavenly Father to grant me good health.  As my prayers slowly turned to faith...and pleading now, for enough faith and strength to face "whatever challenge" was placed in my life, I could feel a change in my attitude....a growth in my own faith.  I had the opportunity to talk to my beautiful daughters about faith....encouraging them to allow our Father to teach us what we needed so that we would be worthy of His blessings.  (They were having a difficult time with some of my comments..such as "I'm excited to see what the Lord has in store for me!)
As we prepared for our trip, we experienced another tender mercy.  Brad found an article in Time Magazine, announcing their top 100 most influential people for the year 2010.  Guess who is on the list of influential "thinkers"?  Yep....my doctor from MD Anderson, Dr. Larry Kwak.  So, IF my cancer was to reoccur, I would be in the best of hands.  That gave us a little more comfort......a little that is!
The trip was a little more emotional this time.  But I was OK with whatever the results produced.  As Dr. Kwak came into the office and said:  "Your tests are clear.  You are clean and still in remission"....I almost cried right there on the spot.  I couldn't wait to get on my knees and thank my Heavenly Father for another tender mercy...another miracle in my life.  I don't know why I am so blessed.  I don't know why some prayers for healing are answered and some are not.  I only know that I need to use the time I've been so blessed with wisely.  I need to live my life in a way that would please my Heavenly Father.  I call this period in my life a "de-cluttering".  What is really important?  This is good for me....maybe  I just need to be reminded how precious life really is and enjoy....love....and cherish every moment.

1 comment:

Donelle said...

So so excited for your ok from the doc!