Saturday, April 18, 2009

Really, My Intentions were good...

Typical Saturday. Errands to run, chores to do, homework to catch-up on. The usual. Somewhere in there, I wanted to do a good deed. A bunch of us in our ward ordered solar ovens and they needed to be picked up today way out in tim-buck-too. I called around offering to pick them all up, but a dear sister/friend had already beat me to the punch and was picking the lot up. I offer to take her good deed from her, but alas, she ends up helping me instead. No blessings there for me!

I start to run errands. Wal-Mart is the place. Afterwards, I'm craving a Jr. Frosty (my one sweet for the week) and as I'm driving into the Wendy's by good 'ol Wal-Mart, I see a homeless man...(well, his sign claimed he was!) and his poor down-trodden wife holding a sign stating his woes. I decide to order them both a #1 combo and will slip in some money. Great idea, huh? After 2 cars, I finally receive this huge order (and of course my Jr. Frosty!), I turn the corner and the homeless couple is gone! I circle the vast parking lot looking for them. I can't take the food home. Girls don't eat #1 combos, and Brad doesn't like the works on his hamburgers. HMMMM. All this food and no where to go. Again, another blessing down the drain. So, I'm thinking....who to give this food to? I'm traveling to my next errand/destination and finally come up with a friend with two growing teen-aged boys who are not picky! YEAH!! I call her and she obliges me this request. Two teen-ages boys are very happy to eat lunch!


So, my question is do my good intentions count??? Do I get any blessings from TRYING???
GEEZ!!


Off to the temple, maybe I can do something good there....of course!!

2 comments:

Mom Roberts said...

You are trying to hard...it's the thought that matters. Love you sis!

Carolyn said...

Seriously you have to ask...a big hamburger lunch for 2 teenage boys who would gladly live on hamburger lunches? Besides I was gone all day working and they may have only had cold ceral to eat. You are truly a blessing to me!!