Instead
I thought the girls were too old for Easter baskets. I was wrong. I thought the girls would NOT want any chocolate. I was half-wrong. How did I figure this out? Our sweet Grammy brought by a sweet Easter treat for each girl (well, each grandkid, of course!) They were so excited to get a little basket with some chocolate! I was shocked!! I asked if they wanted Easter baskets and they said it was a nice tradition, but they really only wanted a few bites of the chocolate and the rest was put in the candy drawer. (That darn drawer still has Christmas candy in it!!!!!). What would we do without the thoughtfulness and love of our dear Grammy!! Thanks for the rescue, Mom!!
No matching dresses.....ah, the fond memories of Easter past.....

But, unfortunately all little princesses must grow up.....and so we tried to match dresses.....
And now, we just try to have dresses that are new to the wardrobe. Does it change how beautiful these two girls are?? No, I'm always amazed at the beauty Jacque and Aly have both on the outside and the inside.
As for our family, we still try to get the traditional Family Easter picture. We are without our two sons and their beautiful wives, but we are still a family. Greatly appreciative of each Easter season that we have to reflect and celebrate the sacrifice of our beloved Elder brother.
No comments:
Post a Comment