Wednesday, April 1, 2009

What's a Girl to do???

Some girls have all the "bad luck". Poor Aly...she has been in quite a quandary. It started on Saturday evening, while she was in CA for the choir/band/orchestra trip. Brad gets a call from a certain young man's father asking Brad if we were going to be at home. "Sure". He informs us that his son is on his way over to ask Aly to Prom. "OK" So, we wait....and wait.....and wait. Nope, no one shows. Brad even returns a phone call to ask if there was a problem, but we never hear a word back.
SO...
Monday rolls around and word at school is that there are two boys who want to ask Aly to Prom. Neither of them have the last name of the father we talked to. Hmmmm. So, Aly frantically texts me while I'm in math asking if her room is clean. Huh?? Nope, and I'm not home. She is thinking someone is coming to put something in her room. So, I rush home, clean it and wait. I didn't know WHO was coming. The doorbell rings and the young man wants to put something in her room. It is Justin Durfee, her good friend and who she went to Homecoming with.


Very cute. They will have fun together. That's the whole point, right? So, Wednesday comes along and it is a no-school day due to the wonderful Aims testing that is done. The doorbell rings and Aly answers the door to this:

Oh No!! This guy is a nice guy too! But she had already been asked!! What is a girl to do?? We wrote a cute little poem back and took over Treston's favorite dessert. Hope he isn't too sad!!
Aly is just happy that she gets to go to the Prom that she has helped to plan!
(She's on the Student Council Prom Planning Committee)
GEE...must be nice! I remember hoping and praying that ONE boy would ask me!!

3 comments:

The Mrs. said...

I had refused to go to my prom, until I was set up...the guy was on his way, so I had no choice! I'm sure she'll be as pretty as ever!

Anonymous said...

I wonder whose father is was that called...boy one or boy two! Congrats Aly--you will have fun.

Dena said...

No, the father was boy #1. 2 more were interested on Monday and a 4th asked her on Wednesday. Rough!