I've been thinking alot about the economy and the times that we are living in. I truly feel we are living in the last days where "perilous times shall come". Sometimes, our challenges are so overwhelming, that we falter and find our "light" flickering, just a tad. In my personal family and close friends, I have been a part of heartache, catastrophic medical diagnosis, physical challenges, and uncertainty in the future. Our faith is strong, and yet, at times, I find myself asking my Heavenly Father to "strengthen my faith". Thru the experiences that I have had, I know that He is there, just working in His time with His perspective.
I've been reading alot of good talks lately and want to share my favorite so far. It is a talk given to the Young Adults at the last CES fireside by Jeffrey Holland. I love this talk and keep it close by so that I can read it often. It's a small feast of hope in the famine of despair that can easily engulf our lives. I hope it gives some the comfort and strength that I have felt from the thoughts and inspiration of one of our apostles.
http://deseretnews.com/pdf/Holland2008.pdf
LOVE TO ALL!!
1 comment:
Thanks so much for the link to that talk. It's just what I needed to hear now in my life. I've even printed it out so that I can read it often. Thanks for sharing good finds with the rest of us who are struggeling with our own trials:)
Post a Comment