So, this is the day for practical jokes. First, Aly texts me and says that a certain flirty boy at school kissed her and says: "April Fools!"
I text back: "on the lips????"
She responds: "Yes!!"
That did not make me very happy, so I text: "I do not like that boy!!"
I felt like calling his mom! She texts me back and says...."April Fool's! hahaha" Yeah, she got me.
Then... on the way to the temple (Tuesday is Temple day for me), I'm talking to my mom (aka: Grammy) and she is telling me how gullible she is and falls for another Stephanie joke. We are laughing at her gullibility. I get this hairbrain idea for a joke for Jacque, so while I'm in the temple parking lot, I text her my idea.
So, as you can see, jokes are on my mind as I walk to the temple.
I go in, and they scan the bar code on my recommend and he looks at me and says... "hmmm...your recommend in not good...it's expired."
I'm thinking... hey! I didn't think the temple was an appropriate place to play a joke. So, I ask a little incredulously: "Are you serious?"
He responds that my recommend expired on my birthday month (March) and since this was the first day of April...it's certainly expired. Talk about the foolish 5 of the 10 Virgins! They were able to call someone and let me "in" for today, but I need to get a new recommend. As I was waiting in the front lobby, the man behind the desk asked me if I thought he was pulling a joke and I admitted that I did. He laughed and said... we don't do that in the temple! DUH!! Goes to show you that your frame of mind does affect your attitude in the temple!
And with general conference around the corner, I'm without a temple recommend for 2 weeks. Please pray that nothing happens to me....I don't think I've ever been without one!! NOT a good feeling :(
9 comments:
Oh, Poor Dena!!! What was the Stephanie joke that Grammy fell for?
That Stephanie went outside after working and her car had been stolen and she was working with the police. Grammy wanted to come and pick her up...so Stephanie had to remind her what day it was!
hahahha!!! That's a pretty good one! Grammy's so great!!!
I love both of those stories!! Lol I heard Tyler just pulled a good one on you:) Love you!
Yeah....but I didn't fall for it, not for one minute...although I WISH it were true :)
(hint hint!)
what was tyler's joke?
She totally fell for it!
Tyler's joke was that Jenny was pregnant. And even tho I wish that was true, I knew he was pulling my leg...good try tho!
HAHA! We were gonna try the whole pregnant thing too, but decided it would be too hard to convince you guys other wise if you actually believed us!!!
Post a Comment