In the dictionary, a similar description for contentment is:"not wanting more or anything else"
I felt contentment tonight. Once a month, we have our own family dinner and invite Grammy and Grampy to join our family. We decide on something fun to cook, everyone comes over to help and the laughter never stops. Aaron and Savannah suggested a taco salad/enchilada dinner and picked up a few goodies from Food City - one of Aaron's favorite places to go! With all the trimmings, we had a wonderful dinner, and then enjoyed some fun time together. A robust round of Mormon Bridge (where we found out that Grampy has a love/hate relationship with the game) and then some play time with the grandkids while the girls laughed themselves silly with quotes from movies.
I looked around and realized how blessed I am to have my family so close. We laugh, we tease, we help each other, and most of all....we love each other.
It was a wonderful Sunday evening!!
2 comments:
You always cheer me up!
LOVED this night!
Post a Comment