So, let me tell you about how Jacque spent her birthday. I took her shopping to her favorite store and we swapped roles. I wanted to buy a beautiful dress for her birthday/graduation and she didn't want to spend the money. The nice lady helping us just looked at us bewildered and asked....."Um....aren't you two suppose to be in opposite roles?" It was quite hilarious.
This morning, Jacque indulged her mom and had Matt snap some graduation pictures for me, we met for lunch and went shopping at Cost-Co. W-A-Y too much fun, if you ask me!
She wanted to "whip up" an pasta dish for her birthday dinner. This was the best part of the day. Jenny came over early, and with Jacque, Lexy, Aly, and myself, we made quite a fantastic dinner for everyone.
Spaghetti with beef, smoked almonds and basil/tomato sauce
Afterwards, we just had fun watching old movies and playing a good hand of Mormon Bridge. Spending time with her family - it's what Jacque is all about. She has a tender heart that expands with every member of her family. She is the ultimate people pleaser - that is what truly makes her happy - helping others and making sure they are taken care of. She is about to graduate from ASU from the Nursing Program (taking care of others) - and make her own way in the big world. I am so proud of her accomplishments, her determination, her love for life, and her desire to always do her best.
How I love this daughter of mine! She is a blessing to our family and I enjoy every minute we spend together. Being a mom is easy and I treasure our relationship. She has truly taught me how to love unconditionally and to reach out to others. She makes it looks so easy!!
Dinner "guests"
Beautiful daughters - sisters - best of friends
Newest member of adopted Weech family - Lexy
Shoes and spices...what else does a girl need?
(BTW- yes, she got the dress!!)
LOVE YOU Jacque!!

No comments:
Post a Comment