Friday, December 10, 2010

I DO believe in Miracles!!


I've thought alot about miracles lately.  Just what exactly IS a miracle??  Some read about the miracles in the scriptures and readily believe that they did occur.  The miracle of the birth, life and atonement of our Savior comes immediately to mind.  We know about the miracle of forgiveness.  But what about today?  I've gazed over some past conference talks and many talk of miracles.  Many General Authorities talk about a variety of miracles, ranging from the conversion process, the communication efforts of the Church throughout the world and the miracle of the Restoration of the Gospel.  Elder Dallin H. Oaks just talked about "Healing the Sick"  and stated than many still believe in miracles of healing and some have even witnessed them.

I wonder if I would have believed in the miracles performed by our loving Savior when He was on the earth.  I'm sure there were doubters, some wondered if the sick that were healed were really sick in the first place.  If, after awhile, the wonder of it all just faded away.  I want to believe that I would have been filled with awe, wonder, and over-whelming love as I witnessed these miracles.  And that those feelings would deepen my conversion and desire to follow my Savior.

I know there are many who still wait for the "miracle" in their life to happen.  I watch many whom I love dearly suffer thru great trials and have their faith stretched and strengthened.  I have watched as family members have fought their own battles with honor and submissiveness to our Father's will -- holding on to their faith with both hands and crying mightily for extra strength.  I have watched faith grow and trust in our Heavenly Father deepen because of personal trials.  From the Bible Dictionary we read that “miracles do not produce faith,  but strong faith is developed by obedience to the gospel of Jesus Christ; in other words, faith comes by righteousness".  These certain individuals are great examples to me.  Their examples keep me from complaining about my struggles too loudly.

I have seen miracles all around me.  I have seen the miracle of healing.  I have seen the miracle of prayers answered.   I have been the recipient of prayers and fasting and have personally felt my "burdens" lightened.  When a miracle occurs, sometimes, it's hard to notice.  It's hard to understand and comprehend that something so wonderful could happen to an ordinary person.  We might even doubt if it could possibly be true.  I will not.  Through personal experience, I will always say:

I Believe in Miracles!!

3 comments:

Yvette said...

I'm sorry we never came over or called, but we prayed for you every day! Today even Derek said Thank you to Heavenly Father for keeping you well. We love you and are thankful for this miracle in your life.

Michelle said...

Awesome. That's all I have to say. :)

Cassidi Klingler said...

You are much more than an ordinary woman, and I am so grateful for you and your family. You have been an example to me since the day I met you and I love you for that. I truly believe in miracles as well, and I am especially grateful for this one:)