Monday, December 20, 2010

Coming Home

December 20th - This day was highly anticipated as we looked forward to Aly coming home...safe...just in time for Christmas.  The day was spent getting ready for her arrival, cooking, getting her room dusted....after all...it HAD been 5 months.  (Thank you Savannah!!).  We knew she had left Tehuacan around 4:30 a.m. and had to take 2 bus rides and a airplane trip before she arrived in the USofA.  I made a sign so that Aly would know and recognize her family.  Many friends and family were there to greet her.  Her plane landed a little early, but we had to wait while she cleared customs.  I knew this night was going to be one of my favorite Christmas presents!  Words cannot express the joy and relief that I felt as I put my arms around this beautiful, courageous daughter of mine!
Her dad was a little anxious to see his youngest as well!




It was hard to Aly to say good-by to her best friend, April Weeks.  April was a good friend, stood by Aly when things got rough, and made Mexico a fun experience.

It took us a little while to get home - one of Aly's friends had troubles getting out of the parking lot - so when we arrived, all of Aly's friends and family were waiting.  It was a wonderful evening and I think it was the first night I had a good night's sleep in a VERY long time!




The sign we made was sign, doodled on, and rolled up to be kept as one of Aly's favorite mementos! 


Thank you to all our family and friends who made Aly's homecoming a night she will never forget!

No comments: