"Do we remember to give thanks for the blessings we receive? Sincerely giving thanks not only helps us recognize our blessings, but it also unlocks the doors of heaven and helps us feel God’s love."
Here are some of the things I'm thankful for this Thanksgiving:
A "good-morning" call from a son and daughter-in-law, wishing us a wonderful day. Aaron and Savannah braved the weather and arrived safely (another blessing) in Henriville, where they are enjoying time with Savannah's family. They are good examples of people who look for ways to serve and their example is a blessing in my life!
Even though I felt bad that Tyler, Jenny, and Jade couldn't spend time with Jenny's family this Thanksgiving, I am so thankful they are so close and share their lives with us. We get to see our beautiful grand-daughter very often, and as they work on their new little home, Jade blesses our home with many fun visits. Thanksgiving was at our house this year, but it was a small, intimate gathering. Tyler, Jenny, and Jade came over early to help. Well....Jenny helped us in the kitchen. Tyler helped Brad watch a movie and Jade helped by....well....she just makes us happy!!
I'm thankful for a daughter who helped in every aspect of our Thanksgiving dinner. We watched Food Network to get amazing ideas for our Thanksgiving menu, shopped the night before for all the best ingredients, and made a very detailed list of just when this "culinary masterpieces the likes of which we have only glimpsed tonight!" would happen. Woke up early and enjoyed cooking together. That was a great memory I'll treasure for a very long time!
Our Menu:
Turkey - my first attempt at cooking one all by myself (yes, I know)
Noodle Gravy - a much requested item served up by Grampy
"Grampy's rolls" - yes, the whole pan was GONE - and there were only 8 of us!!
Mashed Potatoes - whipped to perfection by Jenny
Cornbread Dressing with Pancetta, Apples and Mushrooms - Jacque's creation
Frisee Salad with Maple-Bacon Vinaigrette - Jacque's culinary masterpiece
Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Pomegranates and Vanilla-Pecan Butter - my attempt at a new recipe
Ginger-glazed carrots - my contribution
Cranberry Sauce - compliments of Pam's yummy recipe
New York Cheesecake - Jenny's
Pumpkin Pie - Jacque's first attempt at the famous "Grammy Payne's Recipe"
It was a wonderful feast, but the best part was doing it with my beautiful daughter, Jacque. I had so much fun cooking all morning with her. I love the way she cooks - so different from me, but everything tastes so delicious! We also had fun watching Grampy teach Tyler how to carve a turkey....passing the tradition down!
I'm also grateful for our youngest daughter. Aly was not forgotten and we all missed her smile and humor. She has faced some "interesting" challenges and with courage and faith met them all. I am thankful for her example of commitment and perseverance thru trials.
We have been admonished to NOT wait to express our gratitude. So today, I want my family to know how much I love them and how much I appreciated each of them in my life. Our family, my family, Brad's family, and all our friends help to make my life wonderful. I am blessed indeed.
It was a wonderful Thanksgiving!!
No comments:
Post a Comment