During the summer, my sister-in-law Yvette- who is one of the most creative people I know - wanted to put on a boutique. That sounded like fun, so I offered our house as the Boutique house. Then life happened. As we started to plan and create, our visit to Mexico just happened to land on the week BEFORE the boutique.
Enter stress level #1
So I try to plan, try to get my crafts done, and try to plan a week in Mexico - having great anxiety that just maybe I wouldn't be returning (see, that was UN-due stress!!)
Enter stress level #2
We arrive back in the USA and I have one day to get it all together before everyone who is participating in the boutique arrives - in our house - and also, to create oh, about 15 bottles of salsa, and help Savannah with cinnamon rolls, soup, and other minor things. This was our kitchen the night before:
We actually had fun that last evening. Jenny and Tiffany came to help, Savannah and I were in the kitchen, and Jacque helped in between studying and other school activities. We decided that we have some pretty crafty people in our family!
We had about 10 crafters with their very creative items to sell.
(my sister Pam is amazing!!)
We learned alot. Mostly, that items under $10 sell very well. We learned that advertising is a BIG part of a successful boutique. We learned that having "models" is a very good idea!!
(Sydney was more into the toys...and the drawer)
We learned that crafters, in general, don't make very much money per hour, and that you really really need to enjoy your hobby. I learned that my family will always rally around me and my big ideas and that I always need them and they are ALWAYS there for me!
Thank goodness for that!


4 comments:
Those crafts were awesome and gave me many ideas! But I couldn't stop coming back to look at the pictures of your model. She is the cutest little squirt!!
Dena, I wish I would of know about the boutique how did that get by me? chemo brain probably
but for one I would of come and helped that would of been really fun,
and for two I would of come and spent erics money
so glad you made it through, anxiety stinks
Oh my goodness, that looks awesome Mom. You truly are amazing! I don't know how you do it. Jade is so stinkin cute! I can't wait to see her! Love you all :)
Oh I'm so sad I missed it! Do you want to have it again?:) Everything looks super cute. I'd love to see those jars in person.
Post a Comment