Brad celebrated another birthday last week. Since his "special" day fell on Saturday - which was the Gilbert Temple Ground-Breaking Ceremony, World-Wide Leadership Training AND Regional Conference, Saturday seemed too busy to get the family together.
We celebrated Friday evening at our house. Jade and Jenny came over early which always brightens my day. I introduced her to my piano and quite frankly...she is going to be a natural!! We also took a walk outside waiting for family to come home.
Most times we go out as a family, but Brad is always saying he doesn't care and just wants his family to be happy. But sometimes, he will say: "I sure like steak and shrimp!"
So, the cooks in the family got together and whipped up a wonderful dinner of steak, shrimp, and all the trimmings. It was a hit and Brad enjoyed the evening mostly because he was surrounded by those he loves the most. (And Aly, of course!!)
It is very, very hard to shop and buy something that Brad wants. That's the key word. Brad doesn't really want anything, but just focuses on what he needs or could use. That makes the shopping very limited. Very often, his best gifts are the ones that include a heartfelt note from his children. He keeps all of those in a special place and holds them very dear to his heart. This note was from his daughter in Mexico and tugged at his heart.
Sometimes, we can find something that will delight and surprise him and this year we did!!
While in Mexico, Aly gave me the best idea for a birthday present. I came home and worked on it and with the help of our artistic friends, we gave Brad something very special. This phrase has been in the Weech family since I can remember. It epitomizes the love and acceptance that Grandma and Grandpa Weech have shown their whole lives. Now, it's something Brad and I try to live by in our family. It's over his office door and personalizes "his space" perfectly!!
Another tradition is celebrating over at Grammy and Grampys house. Since Brad and Russ both have birthday's so close, theirs is always a joint celebration. Again, wonderful food is prepared and enjoyed by all. Brad received a few more gifts he could "use" and it ended with his family around him......perfect!!
I am so blessed to have Brad in my life. I have learned to serve and love unconditionally by his example. He is patient with my flaws and supportive in everything I do. I'm very glad we were able to celebrate another birthday of my very best friend!


No comments:
Post a Comment