Monday, October 4, 2010

Happy Birthday Aaron

Happy 27th to Aaron!
Pretty soon, he's going to be too old to put his age on my blog!  But for today, I want him to know how much he is loved.  He is someone who always goes about doing good for others.  From a young age, it was easy for him to serve those he loved.  I think one of my favorite childhood stories is when he would babysit his siblings and let them "order" dinner from a menu he created.  He would fix it all up and serve them restaurant style. 
He is the one who always remembers birthdays and special events.  I can't tell you how many phone calls he has made to both Brad and myself - "just checking on us" for the day.  It always brightens up my day!

Aaron is always "behind" the scenes.  Taking pictures, taking video - knowing that it means so much to me to capture all the fun times we have as a family.  When we have a computer problem...who do we call? 
Well, it's NOT the Ghostbusters!
Aaron's greatest talent is loving his family.  I can't think of a time he didn't put the needs of his family before his own.  Even with a new job and many hours at work, he always finds time to help his mom with computer issues, his sister in another country, and those who call for his help. He also checks on his grandparents regularly just to make sure they are all right and to express his love.  They have told me on numerous occasions how much that means to them.

We have been so blessed to have both Aaron and Savannah living with us at this time.  They are both always willing to help with projects and dinner and shopping.....especially the Saturday night run!!  I have observed the love between these two young marrieds and they make me laugh!  They fit together perfectly in every way.  Their little family of two is perfect and I feel so blessed to be a part of their lives.  I think I have learned from Aaron how important it is to do the little things for those you love.  Acts of service, a happy call, a kind note are all important!
Aaron - I hope you have a great day!  You are a wonderful son and I am blessed indeed to be your mom!!

1 comment:

Beth said...

Happy Birthday Aaron!