Sunday, September 19, 2010

Remembering....

A friend, fighting her own battle, gave me one of these today.  A flood of memories came to my mind.  It was a little less than 6 years ago in October that I started my own battle with cancer.  I remember in vivid detail the day (it was a Sunday evening over at Grammy and Grampy's house) when Brad and I gave each family member their own "Live Strong" yellow bracelets.  We sent them to family who were not in Gilbert.  Everyone wore them every week and I knew it was in support of me.  Their prayers, their fasting, the hope that I would be cured.  I can't tell you how much that helped when days were rough.  Just knowing that my family and friends were praying and thinking about me strengthened my resolve and determination to endure a little longer, a little better each day.  Now, It's my turn to stand strong for someone else.  How grateful I am for my family, their love and support during such a "faith-building" time in my life.  Remember those blessings I'm counting?
Today, I'm treasuring the countless memories I have of love and support from each of my family and friends.

No comments: