Saturday, September 19, 2009

Homecoming Part 1

Another LAST milestone for our last daughter, our last HS dilemma of waiting and waiting and waiting until someone asks....you know, to get asked to go to the dance?? One of Aly's responsibilities for Student Council is to plan the Homecoming dance...so she was kind-of hoping that she would be asked. And Wa-la!!

She almost caught him as she ran out the door, but he got away.....
It's a pirate theme...
It said:
We hear about booty hunters all the time
Swabbis lookin for more that they will ere find
Ther be dubloon an' silver, precious gems an' jewels
Them who be searchin
end up bein fools
So guess that be what I be;
as I be lookin' for ye
I need a date fer homecomin'
an' I be leavin' ye a clue.
Thar be signs an' symbols
all around us, aye.
Jus' look t' th' stars
t' help ye find yer way!


The funny part?? It didn't have his name. It said to look in the stars...so she went outside and looked at the stars....nothing. I was cracking up. He had told me that it would really "get" her if he made her wait....and he was right!! I like this guy!! The next day, he came while she was at school and put stars on her ceiling in his initials....

So, we answered:


Aye, th’ stars were aligned
all proper they say
found ye, my matey
in the broadlight of day!
Now I’ve found the booty
and since I’m so nice
thought I would share with ye
ye might look twice!

Look for more pictures this coming week...her dress is gorgeous!!

3 comments:

Mom Roberts said...

I'm hoping it's not "you know who!"...sounds like a lot of fun! Which one is she wearing?

Dena said...

No..it's Treston...this guy:
http://denasday2day.blogspot.com/2008/12/winter-formal-2008.html

hahahaha

&D designs said...

so cute! Love how creative her response was!