

This is where Aaron and Savannah are sub-letting...in the basement. It is cute and comfy! Aaron really enjoyed having his sisters around for a little bit.
Brad and I were jealous that they were all together and checked on them a few too many times!
Sunday, July 12, Jacque headed on up to Logan, Utah where she was a counselor for the EFY program at Utah State. She did 3 different sessions. Her first was at NAU, in Flagstaff. Then, she did 2 sessions in Logan. She had the opportunity to be a counselor to both age groups (14-15 and 16-18). Both different, both challenging and both rewarding.
She met some wonderful new friends, one being Marci. She is going back to Utah often to visit all her new friends! This is one of her counselor groups.

While
Jacque was in Utah, Brad and I headed back to Houston for our annual "lease on life"

where Dr.
Kwak informed us that he felt he could use the CURE word. For Lymphoma?? THAT is a miracle and my heart was full of gratitude for this tender mercy from our Heavenly Father. There was a slight caution with this doctor's visit, but we aren't going to worry too much about it. Something about a slight chance of another cancer appearing due to the chemo I received. A very slight chance, one that we won't forget, but we also will not dwell on. "Come what may, and love it!!"
While there, Brad and I had the chance to help our neighbors. It was such a blessing, not a coincidence that we were both down there at the same time. Not only were we blessed, we had the opportunity to be instruments in the Lord's hand as He answered the prayers of others. Life is good!! Brad and I were also able to go to the Houston Temple for a session. This is always a treat and we look forward to it every year.
From Houston, we flew back to Phoenix, where Brad was picked up by Aly (who had the house to herself for 3 days...um huh!) and I flew on to Utah. I spent the next couple of days with Aaron, Savannah and my sis in West Jordan. Pam was so nice to open her house to all of us! She showed me how to be a real "Utahan!!"

We woke up at an obscene hour to hear what we thought was going to be the Mormon Tabernacle Choir....but alas, it was IN the tabernacle and sounded quite similar, but not the real deal. It was a sunrise service for the 24
th of July Celebration. In Utah, of course, that day is a holiday. Complete with parade, activities
commemoration the arrival of the pioneers and a great firework display
thru out the cities.
Bry, Charlie, Pam and myself wanted to see what all the fuss about the parade was, so we were able to get great seats on the grass and got a pleasant surprise:

Yes, President
Eyring is waving to Bryant! (Thanks Pam for letting me borrow these pictures!)
Saturday afternoon, Aaron and Savannah went to the airport and picked up Brad and Aly who had flown in for Charlie's return talk and celebration. WOW...... it was so much fun to talk and hear about Charlie's mission in Italy! Not only did Charlie talk, but with his mom and Bryant, they sang a beautiful rendition of "I Know That My Redeemer Lives" that was touching and just perfect!
Brad and I flew home Monday evening and the girls drove home Tuesday. We are now back to our crazy schedule as we prepare for school at Highland, Chandler-Gilbert and ASU!
I love my family. It was absolutely wonderful to spend some time with Aaron and Savannah. We don't get to see them much and they keep telling us they aren't returning to the HEAT. Bah!!
Pam and Doug and their family were amazing to have so many people in their home all at once. Josh did so good! I feel so blessed to have such a wonderful family and I love them dearly!!
No comments:
Post a Comment