So this is Aly telling you the story of the summer night of June 12, 2008:
I left Savannah, Aaron, Jenny, Tyler, Mom and Dad to watch “So You Think You Can Dance,” to go rollerblading. Almost to my destination, I’m caught by surprise as a car hits me.
So I call the house and finally get a hold of Aaron, saying, “Hey, tell Mom I’ll be late because I was hit by a car.” Aaron quickly gives the phone to mom saying, “Aly has been hit by a car.” A little panicked, Mom listens as I try to tell her that the car sped away. She asks a few questions and then quickly hands the phone to Dad. He gets on the phone and tells me to return to the accident site after I told him I was almost home. So, being the obedient daughter that I am, I quickly turned around and rollerbladed back to the scene, about 1 ½ miles away. In the meantime....
Dad gets up immediately with much concern and with Aaron, they speed off to help me. (Oh by the way... they have to PASS my car to get out of the street.) Dad gets on the phone with me to get directions...here is the conversation:
Dad: “Is the car damaged?”
Aly: “I don’t know, probably not? It wasn’t that bad.”
Dad: “Where are you?”
Aly: “Look ahead, I’m standing under the streetlight!”
Dad: “Where is the car?”
Aly: “I don’t know, it drove away!”
Dad: “Drove away? How did it drive away?”
( I point to my roller blades that are still on my feet and said)
“I DON’T HAVE MY CAR!”
Boy... you shoulda seen their faces... they might have bruises on their jaws they dropped so fast
Dena is now telling the story:
That’s when Brad calls me and says: “Aly was hit by a car, she was ON her Rollerblades!” I am quite shocked and turning to the others tell them that Aly, not the car, was hit! She is OK and Dad is bringing her home. We start to wonder how both of our detail men (being Brad and Aaron) could have missed the Stratus - Aly’s Car - as they drove off to her rescue. Only one answer...real love and concern for her....not the details of a car sitting in front of our driveway!
Once home and safe, we realize how lucky....no, how blessed we were tonight. Guardian angels were watching over our daughter! She could have had serious injuries or worse. She is bruised and will probably be quite sore tomorrow...but she is safe and home. Aaron helped her to call the police where they took a report. She didn’t have many details, so not much can be done. Tyler was disappointed that she didn’t whip out her phone and take a few pictures as the “criminals” sped away. All in a night at the Weech’s!
4 comments:
I am glad she is okay!!! Wow, I can't believe the driver didnt even stop to see if she was okay!
Wow, scary! I'm glad she was ok too!!
By the way spider video is lol hilarious!
Hey Dena! I came across your blog and was excited to catch up on your family. We are in TX for for a few years while Randy become a nurse anesthetist...however, I will be coming home for a few weeks in July. I will be seeing you on the mountain I'm sure! Glad to see your family is doing well. Love, Donelle
Dena love your blog. So glad she wasn't hurt. You are blessed.
Post a Comment