Friday, May 9, 2008

Same Ol' Same Ol'

Not much to blog about. The important part....Aaron and Savannah "home" for the summer is as exciting as it gets! Aaron finished school with amazing grades, Jacque just finished her last final this week, Tyler finished up this week and poor Aly...is still in school! She is awaiting the results of a 2nd vote for Student council.
Oh....here's a gripe I have:
Running for student council has "rules" you have to abide by. Given. So, Aly abides. One of the rules is that Voting Day there is no "campaigning". Meaning, no texting to vote for Aly or anything like that. You can text: "VOTE", but not who. So, her opponent writes on all the chalkboards/wipeboards to "vote Alex". Blatant rule violation. Apparently, there were others in the freshman class that also cheated. So.....
You would THINK that the cheaters would be disqualified, right? Oh No, not at the High School where principles and morals are taught (that is dripping with sarcasm if you couldn't tell). Instead, they decide to have another run-off for those who cheated. I don't understand that and would have voiced my opinion in a phone call had Aly said I could. But, she thought I would come off as a raving lunatic mom....(maybe). So, today, was voting again and so we wait....
Why can't the good, non-cheaters ever get the reward??

3 comments:

Mom Roberts said...

so, write an annonomous letter to the principal, but use someones else email that won't attach their name to it with your complaint...oh wait, that doesn't work...call the paper! Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Oh, in the end, the good will rule! Remember....we get our reward in heaven! :0) Not what you wanted to hear I am sure. I am proud of Aly for doing what is right. She will be blessed for her efforts.

Anonymous said...

Aly did the right thing. She followed the rules. To those that don't - and if they win - they will think cheating is right because they won and will do it again in their lives - while we live by faith and the "good" only "win" in the Kingdom of God. It is to bad that even adults are not willing to enforce what is right and teach correct principals by maintaining the standards as they are set. The out spoken are the minority while the silent either live by faith in an eternal Father in Heaven or in fear of the minority. I think those in authority should be reminded of their responsibilities. Good luck Aly - you have "won" as long as you remember who you are and maintain the standards you have set for yourself. Love ya - Grampy