Wednesday, November 28, 2007

It was an Expensive Lunch!!

OK....a story to laugh about.....later.
I decided to call Brad up for Lunch. We decided to meet at the Quiznos by his office. So, I drive over there and I see a "3-Hour" parking sign. Great! I can do that. So I park and wait for Brad. We had a nice lunch and then I offered to drive him back to the office. We went out to my car and lo and behold, there is a ticket on my windshield!! No, that can't be....it hasn't been 3 hours. I look at the sign again and I see (for the first time) a second sign right underneathe. It says: Handicapped Parking only. Oh NO!! I look at the amount and about started to cry. Brad is VERY, VERY good and doesn't say a thing, mainly because he can see how bad I feel and he feels just as bad! We went to talk to the nice police lady, but she wouldn't budge. She did point out that if I paid it in 7 days, the fine was substantially lower. And as Brad said: "That was an expensive Lunch!!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You mean a good attorney couldn't get you out of a fine???? Oh well, just think - someone in the city can charge another bottle of wine on their credit card at the tune of $100+!!
But think of the quality of the time spent - gotta be worth something!!! But Glad it was you and not me. Love ya - Dad