Friday, November 25, 2011

Thanksgiving

This was a near perfect day!  It was the year to have both married families with us for a day of gratitude and wonderful family memories.  We decided to have Thanksgiving dinner at our house and we invited Grammy and Grampy along with the Clifford and Bunker families to join with us.  I love a full house with good food and family!!  I attempted to cook a turkey.  This is always a new experience for me, and this year was no different.  We named our turkey "Bamagobble" and enjoyed stuffing it and eventually cooking this turkey.  After talking to my sister in Utah, and my mother, who is the queen of  "turkey cooking", I decided to brine the turkey and cooked it differently than my mom's stand-by tradition.  It had a wonderful flavor, but I would have liked it to be a little more tender.  Next year!  Each family brought a plate that they wanted to share. 
Our Thanksgiving Menu:
Appetizers: Bacon wrapped peppers -Carolyn
Cheese Crescents: Jacque
Meat & Cheese Platter:  Jacque
Brined Turkey:  Dena
Mashed Potatoes:  Jenny
Noodle Gravy:  Grampy/Grammy
Rolls:  Grampy/Grammy
Cranberry Compote:  Savannah
Green Salad:  Jacque
Pretzel Jello - Savannah
Desserts:
Pecan Pie:  Carolyn
Peanut Butter Bars:  Aly
Pumpkin Roll:  Jacque
Pumpkin Cheesecake:  Dena
Pumpkin Pie:  Dena
QUITE THE FEAST!!










 I cannot think of a happier time that having my family in the kitchen, the kitchen maxed out with dishes and messes, and everyone talking and teasing.  There is always teasing...because as the Weech's say:  "They wouldn't tease you if they didn't love you!"





I have so much to be grateful for.  We live in a time when there is wars, rumors of wars, and trials in abundance.  But we also live in a time when blessings can be found and tender mercies can be felt.  We live with knowledge that we can choose to be grateful and as President Eyring just taught: 
"With our Father’s help, all of us can choose to feel more gratitude. We can ask Him to help us see our blessings more clearly, whatever our circumstances."

I thank my Heavenly Father each night for the blessings of family.  It was a happy, wonderful day!!

No comments: