Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Perfect Moments of Life

Is my life perfect?  No - far from it - but every once in awhile, moments happen, events that when reflected upon bring a smile to your face and can lighten any mood.  We had one of those on Sunday.  I wish I had more pictures to share.
Usually, on Sunday, my wonderful parents have their family over on Sunday evening for an amazing meal that they have usually spent most of the day preparing.  It always includes warm, homemade bread, a wonderful main dish - or as we say - "a culinary masterpiece", and the best part - all family who can come.  Sunday evenings are a tradition.  I look forward to this special evening with my parents and family.
On occasion, all families have other conflicts.  So, Sunday evening, our family of cooks created a meal for Grammy and Grampy at our house.  We have some very talented cooks amongst us, so we cooked up an Italian taster's delight.  Aaron worked on the meatballs and spaghetti - I was put in charge of "watching" the sauce.  This is what happens when you do NOT watch the sauce!

(hmmm....no....it's balsamic for Jenny!)
We also had "Chicken and Shrimp with Panceta Chimichurri" which is grilled chicken and shrimp with the delicious sauce with pancetta sprinkled on top.  Jacque whipped up her "Fusilli with Spicy Pesto" - all handmade and de-li-cious!  Jenny created a salad with greens, fruit, and a wonderful poppy seed dressing.  And of course - Grampy brought his bread sticks - seasoned to perfection for an Italian dinner!
After, we were all stuffed past being comfortable, so we rested awhile and watched old movies.  After all these years, Brad finally found a program to his liking and now......
drum roll please.....
Our old movies - OLD movies - are on our computer and can be accessed from our TV....WA-LA!!



We cracked up as we watched Aaron perform Tae-kwon-do, Tyler battle for the last chair playing Musical chairs on his 8th Birthday, Jacque performing and remembering how little she was, and Aly - her hair and her low "man-voice" when she was small. 
During this time...you ask...what was Jade doing?  Oh, she found a new toy amongst a few we have accumulated...it was the drawer all the toys are in.  Funny, Funny little angel!
Dessert was created by Savannah - some yummy brownies with ice-cream.  A perfect ending to a perfect meal and a wonderful evening with our family.  Life is good and sweet - I plan on relishing these moments for a very long time!

4 comments:

Jacque said...

Nights like these really do go down in history, don't they? I had a blast :)

Cassidi Klingler said...

Umm I really think I need some (or ALL) of those recipes:)

Mom Roberts said...

I just love family time

Yvette said...

Looks like it was a fun night! Love the pictures of Brad feeding the baby.