Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine's Day...updated

Have you ever had one of those weeks/months/days where you "envision" all these great ideas, but somehow, they just don't pan out?
I started having these great ideas at the end of January, thinking that I would surprise my family with a wonderful Valentine's dinner.  After all, it was on a Monday, a work-day and I thought I could pull it off.
So, first I made cute little invitations:
Then, I decided on a fun meal that all would enjoy and started to prepare.  I even had a few moments with Jade in the morning...it couldn't get better than that!
Except
a migraine the size of twice my head developed.  I couldn't see straight and was nauseated.  It wasn't a great way to prepare food and all the little things I wanted to do for my family.  I had been thinking of my love notes to my children this year and thought of scriptures and/or scripture heroes that each of my children reflected in their own personal lives.  I shared those special thoughts with each of them.  That was fun to write!  Savannah and Jacque came to the rescue and pitched in and our dinner was a success.
No, it wasn't how I "envisioned" it to be.....it was better.  I read something for one of my school classes that describes this Valentines' Day.
We create a vision of what our dreams are going to be.  We visualize a clear, detailed picture.  And we are usually told that if we visualize it clearly, strongly, and often enough, it will happen. 
Well....it MAY happen.....or it may not! 
"Live is what happens when you've made other plans!"
I love this saying.  What do we do with what really happens?  I watched our family enjoy helping each other, pitching in, and sharing some time together.  Does it get better than that?
My mom came by and made her "Valentine's"  drop-off.  I love the fact that my sweet mom takes the effort to make each holiday a special one for each of her grand-kids (no matter what age they are or how far away they are) and also her own girls and their families.  She is a great example of love to me!
It was a great Valentine's Day after all!!

No comments: