Sunday, February 13, 2011

Funnies and Reminders

FUNNY #1:
Aaron helped in Primary today.  Both he and Savannah are some of our nursery helpers, but today, I needed an extra man helper, so I pulled Aaron.  Here is his Primary Conversation with a very precocious CTR 4 yr. old:
Sophie:  Are you a kid?
Aaron:  NO....
Sophie:  Are you a parent?
Aaron:  No
Sophie:  Are you a teacher?
Aaron:  For today, yes.  If I'm not reverent, my mom is going to take me out and that's not very good.  And you are going to have to come with me.
Sophie:  Where's your mom?
Aaron turns around and points to me:  "There she is...right there!"
Sophie:  OOOHHHHH  You don't want to go outside...that is no fun!
(I think she has had some experience in this area)
During Primary, she keeps looking around and saying:  "Your mom is watching you!  Be good!"  And then she would take Aaron's hand and hold it....she was there to keep him good!
Primary is always fun, exhausting, and something I look forward to each and every week!

FUNNY #2:
Jacque gets up quite early for a 12-hour clinical twice a week.  She leaves very early, and it's dark inside the house and outside.  Sometimes, she is late.  Can you believe that??
Friday was one of those days.  She is hurrying-scurrying trying to get out the door before 6:00 a.m.  She grabs her things - mind you it is dark and she has barely been out of bed very long - and she RUNS to the garage door to get to her car.....BANG!!  She runs head-on into the pantry door, which someone had closed.  HEAD-ON!  She hits her forehead, cracks open her toe and hobbles out to her car - trying to figure out what just happened and who-in-the-heck would close the pantry door????  Remember, the door has been there for a very long time.  To her credit, it is usually open.  But still....a door!!

On the positive, hooray side - Jacque found out where she will be doing her preceptorship.  What is that you ask?  It's a supervised experience at a hospital.  Practice as a real nurse.  She was hoping to be with a pediatric unit in the hospital.  She is going to be practicing in the PICU - the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit at Maricopa County Hospital.  She is frantically trying to remember all her Spanish!  hahahahahaha
Jacque is going to get alot of practice at this hospital.  It was her first choice, and another step closer to her goal as a Pediatric Nurse!!

Since I have been in the Primary, I have had the opportunity to be trained 3 times so far by the General Authorities and the general Primary President.  How lucky is that?  Twice, I have had the blessing of attending World-Wide Training, and then the privilege of listening to Sister Rosemary M. Wixom.  My notes are long and my to-do list is even longer.  I'm so glad I get each new day to improve and learn!  I saw a theme run thru the training...I'm sure there were many.  But the one that struck a chord with me was Spiritual Daily Preparation
This isn't just a quick morning prayer.  After all, our wells - without water, cannot help those around us that we love!  This is going to be a major adjustment for me, as I am a nightly reader.  I've got to find time in the morning to replenish myself and prepare to receive spiritual promptings throughout the day!  I've decided that when thoughts come into my head, if there are good thoughts and "nudges" to help someone, call someone, or re-think something, those are promptings that I need to recognize and act upon immediately!
Most of the Apostles who spoke, Sister Wixom, and others urged everyone to "seek revelation".  How many conference talks were on this topic?  I am always grateful reminders and admonitions to become closer to my Heavenly Father and seek His spirit to be with me at all times. 
Each day is a new beginning and I found out that the "Lord loves beginners!!

1 comment:

Rachel Lundgreen said...

Thank you for sharing Dena!! Sophie can be so hard.... especially in comparison to her siblings..... but she always keeps us giggling!!