Sunday, October 24, 2010

Wall Project - Family Style

I have wanted to spruce up our walls for a very long time.....probably since we moved in 8 years ago.  But as time goes on and life speeds by, projects get pushed aside for other things.  That is...until something important is happening at your house and you want to make it look good.  You know, like for baptisms, wedding receptions....and boutiques.  So, with the help of all kids present (one in Mexico, remember?), we set to making our walls look fabulous.  We had Tyler, the main man, measuring and making sure everything was secured.  Aaron as the "hold-the-ladder" and "don't-let-anyone-fall" go-to guy, and Jenny, Savannah, Jacque and myself as the creators and designers.  Oh....and Brad...this is what he did...and very well!!

So, we hung pictures in the front room, in Brad's office, and down the stairway.  THAT was very, very tricky!  At least I was smart enough to make patterns of paper so that we weren't holding up heavy frames going down the stairs.


 
If you look closely, you can see that hanging pictures in the middle of the wall, while going downstairs was going to be quite an accomplishment.  So, with Aaron at the bottom holding one end, Jenny at the top holding the other end on a precariously situated box, Tyler risking his life and limbs to please his mom, and the rest of us girls as assistants to Tyler, we were able to hang all the pictures without any falls or mishaps. 

   Brad and I looked back on this evening with smiles on our faces.  We had our family together, doing a project for "mom", eating and grilling some dinner and in the end??  We have a fabulous wall collage!!
We couldn't have done it without our family's help.  They ARE the BEST!!!




9 comments:

Unknown said...

looks great, the stairs are so hard to do ..... I have wanted my kids wedding pics up and can't find anyone who is brave enough, should of known tyler would be. good for you I love how it looks

LaNae said...

Wow--that does look great!

Mom Roberts said...

Love it. I want the family one...Christmas...you have our name!

Dena said...

Yep...I have 5 orders for that so far!! So, IF I return from Mexico....it's a deal! :)

Jacque said...

Oh my goodness this night was so much fun!

Candice said...

Sounds like a fabulous time! I love the result. I also have to say that it looks like little Jade has Grmpa wrapped around her finger. Who could blame him though, you have the cutest grand daughter. And I say that with complete objectivity. ;)

Michelle said...

Wow that ladder on the stairs looked crazy! It looks so good. I need to do that as well..the frames on my walls have family pics 7 years outdated. Send your family over:)

Donelle said...

Looks great!

Chelsey Oliver: said...

LOVE IT! Especially the one that says "work in progress" hahaha
But really, it looks great :)