Who benefits from these delicious meals? Jacque's nursing friends. They come over, help with prepping the food and then they all enjoy a scrumptious meal with friends, laughter, and good times.
The menu? It started out with pork loin wrapped in prosciutto and dried apple bits, all wrapped up in a pastry dough topped with an apricot glaze. (Luke created this) Homemade applesauce and crispy polenta were also dishes by Luke. Ginger-glazed carrots and a Frisee` salad with maple bacon vinaigrette complimented the main dish. (created by Jacque) Dessert consisted of REAL pumpkin pie - meaning not from a can - was Luke's and Jacque created her famous pumpkin roll. Jacque declared that she had been officially out-cooked. BUT - all the friends declared the dinner amazing and another party is scheduled in the near future.
4 comments:
She's welcome to cook up here any time. Share the talent...:)
Maybe someday someone will give me a few lessons on how to use all of these "fancy" things. I hate to be dumb but what is prosciutto - is it an itallian bacon or something like that??? Was the pork loin baked in an opened dish - it looks like it might have been????
Going to have to convince Grammy that there are different ways to cook things. Glad you had a lot of fun and enjoyed it. Love ya - Grampy
Dear Jacque,
Please ship me a salad. I haven't had a salad in two months and I am dying for one of yours.
Love always
Aly
Grampy! Your pulled pork is so delicious, my mouth waters when I look at it...and I have an addiction that needs clinical help to your garlic rolls! So you are plenty fancy! You are totally right on the prosciutto - and the pork tenderloin was cooked on a baking sheet in the oven. Aly - I don't know if you'd like that one - it had radishes, the dressing was AMAZING and made out of leftover brown bacon bits, maple syrup, and white wine vinegar...amazing! But I'll just send one with mom and dad...
Post a Comment