Instead....
This pretty much sums up her welcome into adulthood. Her first signature as an adult!
Here's a nice recap:
Friday, she spent the day at home with a high fever, chills, all-around aches, sore throat....see the picture? On top of that? She has to miss the opening night of the play, Curtains, that she has spent the last 2 months practicing for. Saturday comes along and instead of a nice breakfast, she has no appetite.
We eat her favorite strawberry-topped waffles without her. One of her favorite birthday traditions is to open her presents, which are all wrapped, NOT bagged!
Of course, we can't take pictures of her face because she is sick and barely hanging on to say "thank-you"!! Her dad and brother had given her a wonderful blessing and we talked about having the faith to get ready, and allow Heavenly Father to strengthen her. During the day, many friends, leaders, and family help to make her day extra special by dropping off gifts, texting her and leaving all sorts of wonderful birthday wishes on FaceBook.
In the evening, off to the play we go. The play is adorable, I could actually hear parts in the music, and Aly was able to finish without fainting on stage. On the way home? She basically crashed. It's about 10:30 p.m. and her eye is puffed shut. I'm pretty sure it's a good case of pink eye, but there are no Urgent Care facilities that are open. We head down to the ER and within an hour we are out. On the way to the ER, she laments: "Can it get any worse today?" Yep, it did. But the shot worked miracles and her eye is on the mend.
Maybe next year will be better. But, I am thankful she has such a positive attitude, that she is determined to accomplish all her dreams and goals, and she can laugh when she really wants to cry. I can't believe that our little girl is now an adult, with adult goals and dreams. Aly has so many great talents and characteristics. We laugh at her need to be organized in every aspect of her life, her lists, her determination to accomplish her goals. She is such a great example of dedication and devotion to her Heavenly Father. So many nights, I find her reading her scriptures before she starts her homework...even if that is at 11:00 p.m. Her faith amazes me. I absolutely love being her mom!
Happy Birthday, Aly....it's one you will always remember.
Maybe next year will be better. But, I am thankful she has such a positive attitude, that she is determined to accomplish all her dreams and goals, and she can laugh when she really wants to cry. I can't believe that our little girl is now an adult, with adult goals and dreams. Aly has so many great talents and characteristics. We laugh at her need to be organized in every aspect of her life, her lists, her determination to accomplish her goals. She is such a great example of dedication and devotion to her Heavenly Father. So many nights, I find her reading her scriptures before she starts her homework...even if that is at 11:00 p.m. Her faith amazes me. I absolutely love being her mom!
Happy Birthday, Aly....it's one you will always remember.





No comments:
Post a Comment