Monday, December 7, 2009

Randomness..

The last month has been a busy one. That was BEFORE December!! Since this is part of our family journal there are some events I need to record:

Nov. 23rd - Jacque and a group of young adults from her ward were in charge of decorating one of the trees at the temple for Christmas lights. They named him "Albert". See how high the lights are?? That is NOT because they used a cherry picker. They had Jacque. Yes, she just scampered up that tree, gave the bishopbric a mild heart attack and strung those lights. That's our girl!!



Nov. 26th - This guy - cousin Mike Bunker-

always makes our Thanksgiving a little more funnier. He always complains about sitting with the "kids" and not at the adult table, but more often than not, he is laughing and entertaining the teenagers. Here is his "poem" he wrote for our Thanksgiving Day.

"Thanksgiving Rules" ... by Mike Bunker.
So I'm PACING the floor and I'm STARTING to brood
As my MIND fills with sweet thoughts of IMMINENT food:
Not of COLD, frozen pizza ... not of OLD, stale Tostitos,
Not the CRAP in my freezer (there are THREE bean burritos)!
Even the GREAT Chuck-a Rama will SOON be displaced
Let us START with the turkey: first a LEG, then a breast ...
(Some say WHITE meat is better, but DARK meat is best.)
There'll be BIG, fluffy rolls and a VAT full of stuffing ...
(Could it EVEN get better? HECK YES --- that is nothing!)...
Uncle TERRYL'S noodle gravy is the BEST thing in life.
Want an UN-biased opinion?? Just ASK my ex-wife!
Then there's VEGGIES and bread ... pumpkin PIE and desserts ...
(Yes, the PLAN is to stuff it all IN 'til it hurts.)
Since I JUST had my birthday, and I'm NOW 38,
Something MAJOR will happen, for which I'VE had to wait:
After WAITING my whole life, I'll FINALLY be able
to SIT with the grown-ups (not at the LITTLE-kids' table!)
So to ALL of my dear friends in A.Z. or Cali ...
Or FRANCE or Kentucky or the WHOLE Utah valley:
Be THANKFUL for the blessings that UPON your God pours ...
(... But just KNOW that MY MEAL will be BETTER THAN YOURS!!!)


Dec. 1st - Temple Concert with Highland's Choir. It was beautiful. A little different music for the temple, but always very good.



...and last, but not least is one of the funniest pictures I've taken. Not of people, but of my life. With a baby shower and a formal dinner (more on that later) on the same day, everything was thrown into the pantry. Food, clothes, blankets, decorations. We looked at it Saturday evening around midnight and just cracked up. It was the biggest mess I've ever allowed in ANY room. But it made me laugh. I love my life. I love the busyness. I love having the health to do all these crazy things. I love that our home is used for the happiness of others. I love my family.


Christmas is upon us. I am going to enjoy each and every day. I have so much to be grateful for. Now...to finish the decorations, start shopping and cleaning that room!

2 comments:

Aaron said...

Good heck!! Did dad have a heart attack when he saw that room? I can't believe it. I've never seen anything like it.....except maybe my room...maybe....

Anonymous said...

So, do you have a grandkid yet? :)

And Aaron....you have seen your room like that, because I know I have!! Ha! :)

Merry Christmas Dena!