Saturday, October 3, 2009

Happy Birthday Aaron!

Look at that smile! Not much has changed. His eyes still laugh. You can see the love in his eyes and as a Mom, I feel that love from this wonderful son each day. He has always been ultra protective of his sisters and loves to spend time with them...whenever he can. One of my favorite stories about his genuine care for his sisters? Jacque and Aly remember Aaron making up a menu for them to "choose" their dinner options from when he babysat for them.....many years ago.
He loves to cook...always has. When he was growing up, I could always count on Aaron to try out my new recipes and give me feedback. He was always asking: "What's for dinner? Trying something new??" I loved that about him. He still cooks and he still wants to know what we are having for dinner...and he is 2300 miles away!

Even tho he is far away, Aaron finds time to share his life with us. He has so many fun adventures in Vermont. He is still chasing fire-engines in all his "spare time". Not only does he call me often to see how I'm doing in school or just in general, he calls his grandparents often just to say "Hi". That's just the type of guy he is. I love his phone calls. They make me smile. They always start my day or end my day with something to laugh about. I feel blessed to have this son care so much about me and all of his family. That hasn't changed either. He has a real talent of knowing how to help others, taking time out of his busy day to make a difference and showing his love in everyday actions. Who else would feed those missionaries in Vermont??

He and Savannah are quite the traveling couple. Here they are at Niagara Falls, looking happy and in love...just the way it should be. They have alot of opportunities coming their way soon...we are so excited for them!! He is graduating in December and we hope he can find a job closer to family....I know...it has to be somewhere where it is cool! His course of study is something he absolutely loves....since he was a child. Can we all remember the handcuffs?? the fingerprint cards?? The little notebooks with 'ticket' citations? His love for details is now working for his benefit and giving him opportunities to work in a very interesting field.

This is one of my all time favorite pictures. You know the saying..."like father, like son"? Aaron has many of the same qualities as his father. The best quality, I think, is that he cares. He puts his family first. Oh...and he is a gadget/computer whiz!!

Poor Aaron didn't think I would remember his birthday. PSHHHHH!! He is our oldest and not a day goes by that I don't thank my Heavenly Father for such a caring son. His strength and love has been a source of strength to me. I am the lucky one! I feel blessed to call him my son.

LOVE YOU Aaron!!

3 comments:

Mom Roberts said...

Alright, so are you thinking today was the 4th? Isn't his birthday the 4th of October? hmmmm...he is a great young man!

Dena said...

Yeah, it's the 4th, but when he reads this in the morning, I will be sleeping...it's a surprise!!

Aly said...

YUM AND YUMMER!!!