Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Summertime

I am 1/2 way thru my semester of summer Math at 7:15 a.m. in the morning. Did I mention that it is in the morning....every morning?? I feel like I am swimming in quadratic formulas, imaginary numbers and rules with x's and y's and most of the time I am dog-paddling just to keep my nose above the water. There is alot of information that seems so irrelevant to life. So far, my grade is respectable, but I'm pretty sure the "curve" of my grade is on the way down!! Sometimes I even try to go to bed early (aka 11:00 p.m.), but somehow, I never fall asleep before midnight. Old habits die hard.

As for the rest of the family? Jacque is up at NAU, as an EFY counselor for the 1st time. She has 4 different sessions that she is doing. For this session, she is over the 14-15 yr. old girls. She is learning that this is a very "attitudinal" age. Yes, that is a word. I gave her some pointers and hopefully she can win over those girls.

Aly has already gone to girls camp and had a blast. We had many people tell us that she was fun, amazing and the "queen of camp". What exactly does that mean?? She had an amazing YCL partner and I think they have the same type of personalities, because they....well, the pictures speak volumes.




Chasing a rat...nope, they never "found" it!




Love "kitchen duty"...look at those plastic gloves, keeping so sanitary!!


A little blurry, but I'm sure Aly is entertaining the crowds!!



Here she is, the MC of skit night. This is where she really shined. As only Aly can do. No one can ever tell me she is lacking in personality and inhibitions!

LOVE our Aly!!

4 comments:

Aaron said...

Wow...it looks like Aly had a blast! Hope everyone is having fun...how come no mention of your two sons?? or daughter in laws??? I guess out of sight, out of mind!

Chelsey Oliver: said...

Yay for you!! Only a lil longer... you can do it! Thanks for being such an example of dedication and hard work, especially since it's math...bleh!

Dena said...

Hey Aaron....don't you have your OWN blog?? Where are YOUR pictures?? Your exciting activites for the week? C'mon....you are slacking!
love you!

Michelle said...

Cute pictures! Yes Jessica loves Aly and I think they must both have fun and positive personalities. I'm so glad it was such a good experience (with no stories of drama etc.) for their last year.