Ah, the joys and heartbreak of watching your "baby" grow up. So, we start another year at Highland. Aly is a Jr. and already quite involved at the school with Student Council. She leaves at 6:10 a.m. and with cross-country afterwards, she comes thru the door around 5:00 ish p.m. 11 hours without our bubbly beauty. :( THAT is a sad face!!
With the new hours, our family time had to re-adjust. Breakfast is a must (since she doesn't have a lunch break) so, this morning she picked out her most favorite breakfast...which is cinnamon french toast, powdered sugar AND peanut butter, along with grape juice. Aly let me snap a few pictures as she went out the door. How come someone hasn't invented a way to freeze time....freeze moments and memories....ok.....I'm going to stop now...and have a good cry!
4 comments:
Did you make the bread? Did you make more then 2 slices? I am paying homage to you for making a wonderful breakfast...I'm glad you started and we didn't! haha!
Nope, didn't make the bread. Did make more than 2...put a couple in the warmer for Jacque...when she wakes up. Made more later for Brad...such a DOOBIE!
she already started school?!?! wow, it gets earlier and earlier every year huh? she looks great! hard to believe she is a junior!
It is such a sad day. Mine are only staring 2nd and kindergarten but I know they'll be in HS before I know it. I just want to keep them with me all day...but no, I'm not willing to home school...so off they go :)
Post a Comment