Monday, July 7, 2008

UTOPIA

In the dictionary, UTOPIA is described as "an imaginary place considered to be perfect or ideal". I have decided that I know where UTOPIA is and exactly what it's like. See if you agree...


It's a place where the weather is perfect, no matter....
If it Rains...for hours or during church
Or hails..
Or if the sky is crystal clear with the most amazing clouds...

It's a place where kids are encouraged to play in the dirt













Where games such as "scum"
"Work-up"


"Sow"



and "Dead or Alive" are NOT run with electricty and are played with all ages and everyone is a winner!!

It's a place where chores are fun and everyone helps

teenagers are on their own and love every minute of their time together





Where cooks can be men


Where naps are for everyone...every age

Where hand-cranked ice cream tastes better than anywhere else

Where getting hit by hail doesn't matter as long as the truck is unloaded so the teenagers can take their annual trip in the truck thru the mud and riding bikes is for everyone!



This place is special to all, it brings the best memories to mind, it is our favorite place to vacation. Expressions and faces are recorded in our memories and treasured for a lifetime.







It's a place where friendships are strengthened, families are together, love is felt.

This place is COLUMBINE, Mt. GRAHAM. Our family enjoys this place over any other place we have traveled to or visited. It is where we can laugh, enjoy our Heavenly Father's creations and creatures, feel safe from worldly pressures and ridicule and feel loved from family and friends every moment we are there.

It is our UTOPIA

8 comments:

Mom Roberts said...

whose with Jacque? Cousin or....?

Dena said...

Oh No! Cousin!! That is Jeff DeSpain. Kade and Darleen are the other two cousins. They have WAY too much fun!!

Anonymous said...

I remember my trip up there a few years ago...you are right, it is pretty perfect! :0)

Anonymous said...

All looks like fun. Glad you can enjoy yourselves. Hope all goes well for you this next week. Love you - Grampy

Anonymous said...

I tagged you Dena!! See my blog for the details. :)

Donelle said...

Okay, so reading your post about the mountain has got me all teary eyed... I guess being back in TX makes Mt. Graham just so far away, and also nd knowing that we will miss Labor Day. Thanks for the picture of Trevor. He loved it! I never made it to see your house, next trip for sure. Our blog is randyquinnfamily.com if you would like to check it out. Good to see you! Glad things went well in Houston!!! :)

crankymomma said...

I have to agree with you 100%! Columbine is my absolute favorite place on earth. When asked if I could go anywhere, that's where I say I'd go. There are just so many fond memories, like card games in the back of a horse trailer, hikes to the tower in the dark, passing cards under the table during card games(I won't mention any names), trying to avoid the skunks on the walk back to the cabin...just to name a few....Thanks for sharing your thoughts and pictures. Although, it made me cry! just in case you can't tell who this is, it's just me, Carla

Sara said...

Found your blog through Katie's profile and I enjoyed seeing what some of my cute 2nd cousins are up to! Also enjoyed these Labor Day pictures - I definitely missed being up there this year, but was glad to at least make it for the 4th! - Sara (Darwin's daughter)