One of my "new" hobbies is jogging. I'm not sure it is really jogging, maybe very fast walking and picking up my feet, but nonetheless, moving quicker than normal. After working at this new hobby from the approach of "from couch to 5K", I was somehow convinced that I could actually run a 5K race. Jacque and I entered the Shun-the-Sun Cancer Run. Jacque entered the 1/2 Marathon and I entered my first official 5K. It was scheduled for the afternoon, which was very, very warm. We were given long-sleeve shirts to wear (shun the sun) and I was very nervous about the heat. However, I had the best cheering squad a Grammy/Mom could ask for!
I will admit whole-heartedly that it was harder than I thought. The heat, the shirt, the course...I don't know....but I really thought I was going to have a heart attack! I had two goals: One - don't stop! Two - don't come in last!
ACCOMPLISHED!!
Jacque's race started first, and then my race began....
We waited a little while for Jacque to come in. She did her best time ever for a 1/2 Marathon!
I cannot believe that this dream became a reality. Who would have ever thought that
AFTER I turned 50, I would start to do things like this??
No comments:
Post a Comment