Things I learned from my Mom
Believe, courage, love, dream, strength
Where do I start?
It’s like a book that’s written on my
heart
And wherever I go in life
It guides me in ways I bet she doesn’t
even realize.
First of all….I learned that sometimes a
hug can say more than words
And that I could trust myself as I began
to make my way in the world
Because I was standing on the solid
foundation she gave me.
Grandma - she has given us all a sure foundation!
Nothing beats the love of a mother
I learned that strength comes from
standing up and doing what’s right
Even if sometimes you stand alone.
That excuses don’t work (no matter how
many good ones I came up with!!).
Moms love you just because
I learned that success comes from
trying, failing, and trying again,
Not from everything being perfect all
the time.
That kindness counts more than getting
ahead.
I learned that no matter where I am,
there is someone who cares and believes in me
And I learned that there are really
angels on earth…..because my mom is one of them.
(These were the words on a card I gave my sweet mom on Mother's Day)
It was such a wonderful Sunday for me as my sweet daughters made me a gourmet lunch after church meetings. We relaxed and then headed over to Grammy and Grampy's for another celebration of wonderful mom's.
I am so blessed to have strong and faithful women in my family. I love my mom dearly. I love my mom-in-Pima- just as much. And I have sisters and sister-in-laws who are examples to me in so many different ways. These are good women and I truly am grateful for their influence in my life!!




No comments:
Post a Comment